SOLID TEAK WOOD
Tectona Grandis, commonly known as Teak wood is a highly desirable wood that is prized for its exceptional properties. You must have heard about how incredible this wood is!
Teak wood, a luxury timber valued for both its beauty and strength, is an excellent choice for high-quality furniture, cabinets, and kitchen units. It is also one of the most expensive woods available, making handcrafted teak wood furniture a significant investment. Not only does it enhance your furniture, but it also increases the resale value of your apartment. If you’re searching for original teak wood furniture in Bangalore, Chennai, or any other South Indian city, our online platform provides the ultimate selection of premium quality teak wood furniture with free delivery. Our products include furniture, cupboards, kitchen units, and wardrobes, making Nemophilist® a significant brand for all your teak wood product needs.
Solid Teak is one of the most sought-after timbers for high end furniture production and as such there is a growing global demand. At Nemophilist there is the largest selection of Graded Teak wood furniture for you to choose.
Teak is always the first choice for quality furniture. It is a very stable timber, which has a high oil content creating a built-in water repellent making teak furniture virtually immune to rotting. Teak is highly valued because of its beautiful grain and color and is preferred in shipbuilding and furniture making. Teak is strong and durable, almost immune to decay and contains an oil that is resistant to insects.
THE FINEST SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED TEAK WOOD
At the heart of our commitment to quality and sustainability lies the carefully selected teak wood that forms the foundation of our premium Teak Wood Furniture range. Sourced from a government-controlled forest nestled in the lush landscapes of Kerala, our teak wood is obtained through a meticulous process that aligns with the principles of sustainable forestry. Guided by the ethos of responsible sourcing, we exclusively utilize Malabar teak—a testament to its exceptional quality and durability.
Tracing its origins back to the mid-1800s, the legacy of teak cultivation in Kerala is intertwined with colonial history. It was during this era that the British, a reigning colonial power, introduced the concept of teak plantations, now among the oldest in the world. Over the years, these historic plantations have transitioned into the ownership of the Government of Kerala, entrusted with the vital role of safeguarding and managing these invaluable resources.
With a deep understanding of the significance of ecological balance, the Government of Kerala administers these teak farms with a commitment to their preservation. To maintain a harmonious equilibrium, only a restricted number of trees are carefully selected for felling each year. This deliberate approach not only ensures a consistent supply of teak wood but also facilitates the rejuvenation of the plantation through strategic reforestation efforts.
Our partnership with this government-controlled forest is a testament to our dedication to sustainability and responsible sourcing. By incorporating teak wood derived from this carefully managed ecosystem, we not only offer exceptional furniture pieces but also contribute to the preservation of natural habitats and the perpetuation of a time-honored tradition. Each piece of Teak Furniture that graces your living spaces encapsulates the rich history, meticulous craftsmanship, and unwavering commitment to a greener and more harmonious world.
BEST QUALITY TEAK WOOD
In crafting our exquisite teak wood furniture, we exclusively utilize the finest Graded quality solid teak, a wood renowned for its exceptional attributes, often referred to as Depo teak (in Kerala region) due to its superior qualities. In stark contrast, many lesser manufacturers opt for shortcuts, resorting to the usage of teak veneer or Unmatured teak logs, a compromise that conceals their utilization of inferior, less durable materials.
Setting our standards far above the norm, we rigorously select only teak logs with a minimum age of approximately 45 years and beyond, ensuring that the timber boasts unparalleled quality. This stands in stark contrast to other companies, they choose for teak that is a mere 10-yrs old, lacking the density and oil content crucial for durability and longevity.
Regrettably, a significant number of manufacturers continue to employ unmatured teak logs, characterized by imperfections and an excessive presence of Sapwood accounting for over 75% of the composition in these products. To mask these flaws, stains are often applied, creating a façade that obscures the compromised nature of the wood. It is imperative to exercise caution and remain vigilant against such deceptive practices involving inferior teak logs.
As the teak wood tree reaches maturity, achieving a majestic height of over 50 feet (16 meters), with a base diameter spanning from 2.5 to 8 feet (0.9 to 2.4 meters), its significance in the world of forestry becomes evident. Sporting leaves of exceptional size, measuring 2 feet (.61 meters) in length and 1.5 feet (.46 meters) in width, this species holds the distinction of hosting some of the largest leaves on the planet, subject to potential variation based on the fluctuations in climate. Additionally, the tree graces its surroundings with the presence of delicate, aromatic white flowers that cluster together, accompanied by a cherry-sized fruit containing precious, oily seeds.
FINEST CRAFTSMANSHIP OF NEMOPHILIST
Crafted with utmost precision, our teak furniture embodies unparalleled craftsmanship. Each piece is meticulously fashioned to stand the test of time. Utilizing kiln-dried teak wood enhances our ability to create with precision and guarantees enduring stability.
Time-honored techniques, such as handcrafted mortise and tenon joinery, dovetail, and wooden nail connections, echo a rich heritage. These methods are not chosen for historical accuracy alone, but for their unmatched efficacy in binding wood. Our teak furniture is a testament to the past, reinforced by modern sensibilities.
The culmination of our process involves lavishing more than three layers of protective sealant on each piece. Following each application, a gentle sanding with fine-grade sandpaper bestows a luxuriously smooth texture. A finishing touch of Matt coating graces the furniture, elevating its allure. Our stringent quality control elevates our creations. With proper maintenance, our teak furniture is destined to grace your life for a lifetime.
HANDCRAFTED BY MALAYALI ARTISAN
WHY WE LOVE GRADED TEAK WOOD
- Classy and chic: Loved by both interior designers and architects, the tawny golden to warm brown color of Teak, is alluring and complements all spaces and surroundings.
- Longevity: Who doesn’t dream of building a beautiful house that can be passed on to generations. Furniture made from Teak wood makes for elegant family heirlooms that can be used for decades owing to Teak’s high tensile strength and durability.
- Water resistant: Being water resistant, Teak is the preferred choice of wood for boat building and for making boat decks and yachts.
- Investment value: High-quality teak wood is considered an investment by some, as it tends to hold its value over time due to its durability and timeless appeal.
- Indoor furniture: When considering the use of teak wood for indoor applications, it’s worth noting that Grade-B and Grade-C teak wood varieties can provide suitable and cost-effective options due to their adequate quality and characteristics that are well-suited for interior environments.
- Outdoor furniture: Being resistant to water, Our Grade A teak wood makes excellent outdoor furniture whether it’s for your patio, porch or backyard. Though Teak tables and chairs for your patio will cost you more than furniture made from other types of wood, the benefits of Teak are unparalleled.
- Resistant to timber insect and pests: Teak is naturally resistant to timber termite and pests, so it can be used without oil or varnish. It does not require a lot of chemical treatments like other woods and can be used with little finishing.
- Sustainable production: Teak is an endangered species of wood. Sustainable production of plantation teak is being done since teak forests are being depleted. Plantation teak is grown in dry tropical climates and considered a renewable resource. Read more about oldest teak plantation.
- Craftsmanship: The craftsmanship that goes into working with teak wood is highly regarded. Skilled artisans can create intricate designs and durable pieces that showcase the wood’s natural beauty.
HOW TO IDENTIFY ORGINAL TEAK WOOD FURNITURE IN ONLINE
- Check for Wood Grain and Color
- Weight and Density
- Smell the Wood
- Natural Oils and Resins
- Joints and Craftsmanship
- Seek Expert Opinion
- Research the Manufacturer
- Beware of Price
- Buy from Reputable Sources
Remember that some furniture may be made from other types of wood and stained to mimic the appearance of teak. Therefore, it’s essential to be vigilant and use a combination of these techniques to identify genuine teak wood furniture. Read more on How to identify original teak wood and its tips & tricks.
It’s important to note that not all teak wood is of the same quality. Grading systems are used to classify teak wood based on factors like color, grain patterns, diameter, age of wood and overall quality. Higher grades often indicate wood that is more uniform in color and grain, making it more desirable for certain applications. When choosing graded teak wood, people are likely drawn to its combination of aesthetic appeal, durability, and suitability for various projects.